FirstOntario truly cares about improving the lives of our Members and the communities we serve. One of the ways we help to improve the lives of our Members is by supporting youth in their pursuit of learning opportunities and higher education.
To help with the expenses that come with the pursuit of education beyond high school, every spring FirstOntario offers eight education awards valued at $1,500 each to those who exemplify leadership qualities, community engagement and the drive to make our communities a better place to live.Not a Member yet? That’s ok. We want to help you too.
- $12,000 in bursaries will be awarded
- Open to all first or second year post-secondary students aged 25 or younger
- Scholastic achievement of a 70% average or higher (grade twelve transcript required)
- Demonstrated community volunteerism, school and work experience that highlights co-operative philosophies of caring, co-operation and community
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and skills that help to contribute to your local community today and how you will use your continued education to make future contributions to your community.
- Participate and/or act as an ambassador for FirstOntario Education Award. This can include one of the following but is not limited to providing a testimonial, writing a guest blog on Money on Trees, creating a video blog about your first year of post-secondary.
Questions? Please contact email@example.com.
2016 winners (left to right)
Matthew VanLeeuwen – Fourth Ave Branch
Sara Asselin – Oakville Branch
Sandra Lee – Upper Middle Branch
Christina Erstinian – Stoney Creek Branch
Eleanor Kenny – Thorold Branch
Matthew Olsson – Fourth Ave Branch